ATVs or All Terrain Vehicles, have become an integral part of our Workplaces as much as our recreational and home lives. However, this also means that many people each year are seriously injured or die as a result of unsafe ATV use each year in Alberta.
Here are some key points to ALWAYS consider:
- What is the terrain? Any Environmental hazards?
- What is my own personal ability?
- What is the size of the ATV and what are my capabilities in maneuvering it?
- Does everyone riding have about the same level of training, experience?
Here’s what the Alberta Safety Council has to say about it’s 1 day ATV Safety Course:
The All Terrain Vehicle Rider Course is a one-day program designed to train the operator in the safe and efficient use of an all terrain vehicle. The course includes both classroom and practical training, with the greatest emphasis on operational skills.
The following are some of the topics covered:
- Safe riding practices and strategies
- Quick stops and swerving
- Pre-ride inspections
- Riding over obstacles
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Traversing hills
- Turning basics
- Sharp turns
- Quick turns
ATVs .. Do you know how to stay safe? Do your children? Get educated. Stay Safe.
Til next week, Happy Workplace Wednesday 🙂
View our online first aid class calendar HERE
View our list of Online Safety Training Courses HERE